Private Chefs, can provide a variety of meals requested by an employer, from a casual dinner for the family to gourmet meals, meals for health issues or for formal entertaining. Many chefs have formal training and degrees from well-known culinary schools.
The duties of a Chef may include:
We know how important the safety of your family and your home is. We work hard to screen all of our Chefs and check every reference. We practice “full disclosure” which means that we share all pertinent information about candidates with our clients so that you can make a fully informed hiring decision.
- Managing the operation of the kitchen
- Planning and presenting menus
- Accommodating special dietary needs
- Grocery and market shopping
- Preparing a variety of meals
- Preparing, overseeing or assisting with food for special functions and events
- Serving meals or overseeing other staff members who serve meals
- Keeping your kitchen stocked and organized
Compensation for a Chef is usually based on two factors: the amount of experience the candidate brings to the position and the duties included in the Chef job description.
Full-time Chefs typically earn $35.00 to $55.00 per hour, in addition to the cost of food & ingredients.